When it comes to buying a garage door opener, most of us look for the most popular brands. We think that if the brand is a well-known one, then the product is a high-quality one, which in most cases is actually true. If you are interested in the aspect of purchasing from a reputable brand, then you should have a look at the following best garage door opener brands.
#1 – Chamberlain
Chamberlain is one of the most popular brands that are on the market nowadays. The bounty of online customer reviews and the positive feedback from Optima Institute highlight that Chamberlain is among the few companies that provide quality garage door openers at fair prices. As a matter of fact, one of the main reasons why the brand is widely seen as one of the best on the market is that it produces systems that are efficient and durable for a fraction of the cost other companies ask.
Some perks you enjoy with Chamberlain systems:
- Their systems generally work on wireless connectivity, being among the more modern models available for consumers.
- With most models, you can expect a very silent operation so that those who sleep in rooms above the garage won’t be bothered by your activity if you open and close the door at night.
- Chamberlain openers secure the door as well, in order to avoid burglaries. They use a special system that generates a different code every time the door is opened. Therefore, the only person who can open the door would be the one who has the remote control. Otherwise, it is basically impossible for someone else to open it.
#2 – Craftsman
Craftsman is another brand that has received plenty of positive feedback from customers as it produces reliable garage door opening systems. Most of their products actually come with a bounty of clever features and perks, including:
- Built-in lighting;
- Battery back-up;
- Improved energy efficiency;
- Infrared beams for obstacle detection;
- Convenient control panel;
- Long warranty;
- Quiet operation.
Their products are quite popular due to the fact that they are extremely powerful, and therefore, perfect for heavy doors. Even if they are a bit more expensive in comparison with other products, these systems are certainly worth the money as they are very durable.
#3 – LiftMaster
The systems produced by LiftMaster come equipped with innovative technologies, they are economical yet efficient, and most of all, secure. LiftMaster garage door openers will certainly meet your needs in terms of security, connectivity, as well as performance. Just like the other brands we reviewed, LiftMaster produces models with rolling code technology:
- This means that your house will be secure at all times, by generating a secret random code every time you use the garage.
- The code will be different with each opening of the door, and due to this innovation, burglars won’t be able to break into the garage and ultimately, your home.
Their benchmark model: Unparalleled in terms of price-to-quality ratio, the LiftMaster 8500 is the most sought-after garage door opener released by the company.
Does the brand actually make a difference in the purchase process?
While this isn’t to say that newer brands and manufacturers or those that aren’t as well-known don’t make qualitative products, it is indeed true that with reputable brands you are generally more certain when it comes to investing in a long-lasting garage door opener that comes with the latest technologies. Some of the main reasons why bigger brands are more sought-after include:
- These brands have a wide history and good track record, being backed by positive feedback from customers as time passed.
- Their finances are larger so they can afford to invest in research toward technology development to come up with new and innovative products.
- When defects inevitably arise, at one point, with the systems you acquire from them, promptitude is one of the main benefits you enjoy with customer service.
- Big companies like Chamberlain, LiftMaster, and Craftsman also provide lengthier warranties. Thus, your acquisition is backed for a longer period of time against manufacturing defects and other issues that require service repairs.
Depending on the exact model you acquire, a garage door opener can prove to be quite a costly investment. Thus, it’s best not to take chances and spend your money on a product released by a brand known for its seriousness and the higher-quality systems it provides for interested customers. On this market, the big three that rule are the brands mentioned here, more precisely Chamberlain, Craftsman, and LiftMaster. By making your purchase from these manufacturers, you are sure to enjoy years of quality service so that your initial investment pales in comparison to the safety and comfort brought into your life by the system you acquire.